9 Jan 2008

Super8 FILM SOLD

Sorry, SOLD!

I got this reel -that turned out to be an underwater documentary- inside box 3 of 3 of Marketing Films edition of "The Ten Commandments" (1956). Since the film was sold to me as is, there was not much else I could do.

So I played the film; and I was shocked. It contains extreme graphical violence towards sharks. They are harpooned out of the water onto the deck of a boat and repeteadly hit in the head with a club until they die. All of this is explicitly shown, to the viewers disgust. I could hardly finish watching it. And now I want to get rid of it. I assume it might have some interest for educating conservationists due to the shock value.

Obviously, this documentary is a product of less environmentally friendly decades.

I strongly warn potential buyers about the explicit nature of violence contained in this reel. I would not suggest it being shown to anyone under 18 years of age.


SPECS
NAME: Unknown
YEAR: Unknown
FORMAT: Super8
LENGTH: 400ft/120mts.
RUNNING TIME: 17 min.
BASE: Estar
SOUND: Mono (Mag)
LANGUAGE SPOKEN: N/A
SUBTITLES: N/A

CONDITION OF FILM: Very good. Little or no scratching.
Slight color fade.
CONDITION OF BOX: Brand new and specially designed (see picture).
(Keep in mind that the box is not original, since I have not
succeded in locating any info relating to this film.)
(Also available in English)


Dragonfly_films is a member of eBay (USA), Todocolección.com (Spain), Mercadolibre.com (Latin America). For transparency´s sake I will publish this film in the buyer´s choice of auction site. Interested parties, email me or leave a comment on this post.

No comments: