10 May 2011

CHASING PSYCHO (chapter 1)



As some of you know, as part of the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Release of Alfred Hitchcock´s Psycho, the negatives were restored and new prints were issued in 35mm. Also a Blu-Ray edition was marketed on October 19, 2010, but for "home-enjoyment".

Fresh out of youtube, a clip of how the original mono mix from the film was separated to create a new 5.1 mix for the rerelease. (Let us not get into the ethics of film preservation here, shall we?)



It has been a dream of mine to watch Psycho in the big screen ever since I was 15 years old, and I got a peek of it in Universal´s: "Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies". Ever since then, the film has been eluding me. Twenty years and counting.

Four years ago, my dream had to be reformulated with the appearence of this dreadful digital technology. Now I not only had to catch it in the big screen, but I also had to watch it projected in 35mm.



This will be a series of posts about how the film pops-up here and there and I won´t be around to watch it.

No comments: